When you need a dessert that ticks all the boxes, including laziness.
Makes about 6-8 serves. Requires a large deep microwave safe dish, a glass casserole is ideal.
- 800g Canned Apple Pie Filling (NOT canned fruit in juice or syrup, the stuff that's 100% solid pre-cooked apple)
- 100g Vegan Butter or Margarine (or about 75g of Canola Oil)
- 1 cup Rolled Oats (substitute rolled buckwheat or quinoa flakes for a gluten free version)
- 2/3 cup Flaxmeal (or LSA mix if you can't find pure flaxmeal)
- 1/4 cup Lupin Flour (use Soy flour if you can't find Lupln flour).
- 2 tablespoons Besan Flour (aka Gram Flour or Chickpea Flour)
- 2 tablespoons Pepitas (Pumpkin kernels)
- 1 tablespoon Sunflower Seeds
- About 2 tsp Cinnamon
- About 1 tsp Nutmeg
- About 1/4 cup Golden Syrup, Maple Syrup or Honey (or other sweet syrup to taste - personally I find the apple adds enough sweetness and usually go without any extra sugar)
- spread apple evenly in the bottom of a large microwaveable dish, mixing in half the spices
- melt margarine/oil and syrup together (in microwave or on the stove)
- when the butter and syrup are combined, stir in the oats, seeds, flour and the other half of the spices.
- Spread the crumble mixture over the apple evenly.
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes, uncovered.
- Take out and allow to stand uncovered for at least 5 minutes, preferably 10 before serving.
Assuming 8 serves, and a full 1/4 cup of syrup is used, each serve is:
- 1047 Kj (250 kilocalories)
- 9.77g Protein
- 8.58g Fibre
- 23.9g Carbohydrate
- 13.0g Fat